Once again I have stumbled upon a bug regarding field conditionals.
The problem: With a product that has more than one conditional rule, when ONE of the conditionals is true, the field will be ‘active’ in the background (not shown on front end). By ‘active’ I mean that it the field will be attached to the product, although it should not. This problem is reproducible every time.
To test with an example:
1. Create a new PPOM field group
2. Create field1 with options ‘red’ and ‘blue’
3. Create field2 with options ‘small’ and ‘big’
4. Create field3 with options ‘ tick Required checkbox, enable conditionals, select ‘SHOW only if ALL’ and create atleast 2 rules:
4.1. If field1 IS red
4.2. If field2 IS small
5. Go to product page and select options like field1=red and field2=big
6. Try to add to cart -> Error – field3 is a required field
Here we can see that field3 is NOT shown to the customer (correct), but it is still active in the background (not correct). The same thing can be tested with placeholder – please test like this:
7. Edit field2, write Selected Option (placeholder) as ‘small’
8. Go to product page and select options like field1=red and field2=big
9. Add to cart -> Go to cart
Here we can see that field3 is attached to the product! This is incorrect, because the field should not be active at all (field2 was selected as big).
Hopefully you understand this issue, please let me know if you need any more information.