May 21, 2019 at 8:33 am #12322
Hello, I purchased and installed WP Front-end File Upload and Download Manager and the Add-on Download Manager.
I need to setup a file sharing as follows:
• Administrator will upload files that should be viewed and downloaded by all members
• Every single member will upload files that should be viewed and downloaded by himself and by the administrator (not by the other members)
How do I obtain this? I tried following instruction from Download manager tutorial but it just doesn’t works right.
Is it possible to run all the short code in one page or I must create different pages?
Another thing I noticed is that the select button works only if I drag and drop the files in the browser, is it possible to make it open a window and select the file from a folder on the pc? (to keep both ways to select a file would be great)May 21, 2019 at 9:30 am #12323Jane BrianKeymaster
Thanks for reaching us, we have received your request. We will get back to you as soon as possible to response your question.May 21, 2019 at 12:56 pm #12326
for your case, you need to create two pages:
1. A simple File Upload page using shortcode [nm-wp-file-uploader]. This will allow everyone to upload files.
2. Then you need to generate a Downloader shortcode via download manager add-on. And it should be used on a different page. You can set different access option for downloader page.
And I am not sure about your last question. Can you please explain it?May 22, 2019 at 12:55 pm #12336
thank you for your answer. I made few try and found a solution by creating two groups with user restriction. Please forget the last question: it is solved, I think it was some problem with my browser.
I have new question for you:
1. Is there a setting to give a default group to files which users upload? As it is now if a user doesn’t select a group, the file doesn’t appear in any group.
2. Is it possible to show the full list of file to the administrator from front-end (even the one which don’t belong to a group)? Is there a short code?May 25, 2019 at 1:12 pm #12367
Thanks for updating, well you can assign a group to upload page so every file uploaded will be assigned to that group:
Here is more detail:May 30, 2019 at 9:43 am #12433
thank you for your answer.
I need to solve two other things:
1- Front-end: I can’t delete my files.
I tried to access as a user and administrator. I can’t delete my file from uploading page. I see all the file I uploaded, there is a icon to delete them, then it appears a confirmation message, I click OK, but then nothing happens.
2- Back-end: in the list of files I cannot search or make multiple action (like deleting multiple files), it appears a tooltip saying “Please, fill out this field” but it seems like there is no field to complete.
Please let me know if you need to access the website in order to check the problem.June 1, 2019 at 5:38 am #12451
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.