Welcome to our Support Portal › Forums › WooCommerce Personalized Product Options Manager (PPOM) › Pro Version 18.14
May 1, 2021 at 11:12 am #24488
On 29/04/2021, I purchased your Pro version, of PPOM, as I have been very happy with the free version to date. Yesterday, I installed PPOM PRO, on my site (which is a “Dual Language” Woocommerce/Elementor e-commerce site, with the OceanWP theme, and translations are done using Polylang Pro. Languages are English and French).
I am sad to say, I quickly discovered this PPOM PRO Version screwed up my site somewhat.
After loading PPOM PRO, I found that the “Call-to-Action” button (“Select Options) was no longer translated into French on the French pages, for all SINGLE products that required a text input field to personalise them, before they are added to the basket. The VARIABLE products did however have their “Call-to-Action” button translated correctly.
This “Call-to-Action” button – in English “Choose Options” – should be translated to “Choix des Options” on the French pages, but unfortunately shows as “Select options” – i.e. in English
On de-activating PPOM PRO, everything returned to the way it should be, and the way it was before installing PPOM PRO. The website is “mothergooseembroidery.com and currently has PPOM PRO disabled.
.May 1, 2021 at 3:22 pm #24494nmediaKeymaster
Please goto WooCommerce->Settings->PPOM Settings and Update Select option label like this:
And save, it should work fine.May 1, 2021 at 5:49 pm #24495
Thank you for your prompt reply it is appreciated. However, I believe you may not have fully understood the problem I am having with PPOM Pro. Your response with a sample invoice does not really help with your instruction to. . ” go to WooCommerce->Settings->PPOM Settings and Update Select option label like this:”. . .
However, I did indeed go to the setting for PPOM Pro as you instructed above, to find it already contained the English text “Select Options”.
As a test, I changed this to the French “Choix des Options”, and updated.
I then found that while the French pages did now correctly contain the Button Text “Choix des options, this French then appeared on the English Pages as well, on the appropriate buttons.
On again going to the PPOM Pro settings, and Changing the Select options field back to read “Select Options” (and updating), I found that the French Pages again showed the English “Select Options” on the relevant buttons, instead of the French text.
It seems to me, that for some reason, the field is not getting translated as it should when switching between languages, and I could not find “Select Options”, in the string translations.
Just to emphasise the point, I am referring to the buttons on the product archive pages where all the products appear, and which the customer needs to click on, in order to bring up the individual product where they can complete their personalisation details before adding to the cart. This is the Button text that is not being translated.
The actual PPOM field works perfectly once the customer arrives at the product, and the invoice is created in Woocommerce as you have shown.
Therefore, I have again deactivated PPOM Pro after looking at your suggestion (with it activated off course), and everything now works perfectly using your free version on its own.
The link below should show you how English is showing instead of French, on the Buttons affected on the French pages.
Julia CMay 2, 2021 at 4:47 pm #24503nmediaKeymaster
when you save the button label (in pro), there you should see inside language translator under strings, a new string should be there and you need to translate it.May 3, 2021 at 12:25 pm #24511
In my previous post on this topic, I said. . . . “I could not find “Select Options”, in the string translations”. . . . .
Therefore, what you suggested above was Not possible, as the text to translate did Not appear anywhere in PPOM strings to be translated.
I believe this is a defect in PPOM Pro that needs to be addressed, as the buttons themselves are Woocommerce buttons, that have been edited/styled in Elementor Pro.
That said, I have just managed to sort the problem myself, by editing the “en-UK_fr-FR.po” and overwriting the original.
During the course of exploring the above problem, I accidentally stumbled across the solution to yet another problem i was having, but which I did not suspect PPOM was causing.
This problem concerned items that had personalisation fields attached to the products.
If such an item was purchased, then TWO (2) of that item were added to the basket.
By editing the description of the PPOM Meta, only a single item is now added to the basket and that problem has thus been resolved also.
We can only hope that future updates to PPOM/Pro address these problems, so they are not re-introduced again in the future.
Julia C.September 19, 2021 at 10:09 am #111388Jane BrianKeymaster
It has been a long while for this topic, so we are closing this.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.