Welcome to our Support Portal › Forums › WooCommerce Personalized Product Options Manager (PPOM) › Quantity problem and more bugs
March 14, 2020 at 3:34 pm #15994
I have searched the forum to find related issues to mine. But I could not find any which could give me the right sollutions. I will Number my issues to keep it clear. I use the Quantity type of the Pro plugin.
We have a box with 12 postcards in it we are selling.
This set of 12 postcards costs €9,-.
Therefore the customer can choose 12 cards between 8 different designed cards. So they can choose 12 cards which they like. That can be a quantity of 12 cards from design 1.
But they also can choose different quantities of different designs. Like for example:
2 quantities of card 4.
5 quantities of card 7.
5 quantities of card 3.
But ALWAYS with a minimum/maximum of 12 cards total. Not less, not more.
1. Required option.
I checked the Required option, but when I go to the product page in the webshop, I am still able to put the product in my cart without choosing the quantity option. My opnion is that the Requied button is not working.
2. Sometimes, when I add the product to the cart, it calculates only the product price of €9,-. Which is good! But sometimes it is calculated twice. €18. I can not figure out why and when this is happening. The total price of the postcard box with 12 cards must be always €9,-
3. I can set a maximum quantity in the Add options. But this is a maximum quantity of each option. And I have 8 quantity options. I would like to set a total maximum of 12 postcards total. When people choose more or less that 12 postcards, the cart form must tell the customer they have chosen to much or less than 12 postcards.
Can these issues be solved? I just bought the plugin and it’s the only plugin that comes near of what we want to have.
* I can make an account if you want to check this out in our admin panel. But Ii would like to keep the website url secret as I don’t want to be found on the internet 😉
DaveMarch 15, 2020 at 12:09 pm #15999
I see what’s you looking for. But it’s need a little customization and for this contact firstname.lastname@example.org.March 15, 2020 at 2:20 pm #16002
It is sunday. You should not read and/or respond on any message here on the forum 🙂
But ok, thank you anyway for responding though. I will contact you later today for that.
*Edit: I sent you an email. Thanks!
Dave.March 15, 2020 at 3:39 pm #16003
We are working on Weekend 🙂
I think you can control your situation with max/min plugin available on wordpress.org, and for tooltip issue, make sure you download latest PPOM PRO from client portal and it will solve this issue.March 15, 2020 at 3:48 pm #16004
Haha 🙂 I can’t say anything on that one. I am working too. So I understand you!
I have tried two plugins min/max. But both of them did not do the trick to solve the problem. I was still able to add more than 12 options in my cart. Even I gave it a maximum of 12 quantities max. Do you have any specific suggestions which plugin can help me with that?
I downloaded your plugin yesterday. Isn’t that one the latest version? I have version 16.0 installed right now. Anyway, I will download it again from the client portal. Thank you very much for your tips at this moment. Hopefully the other issues can be solved too.
Did you received my email with screen shots etc? I sent it to the sales@ address.
Dave.March 15, 2020 at 3:52 pm #16005
I downloaded the latest version from the Client area. But I am not able to install because the system says it allready excist. If I delete the old plugin and install the newer version. Do I loose the settings I have made?
* Update nr 2 😉
I just removed the old version and installed the one I downloaded from the Client Area. And the bug with the toolip is repaired indeed. Thanks!March 15, 2020 at 4:30 pm #16006
I hope it’s ok to write updates here. Maybe it can help other people too.
I think the newest version 18.10 of PPOM also solved the issue that the price of the product is calculated twice. I have made several additions to the cart and only the price of €9,- is calculated. Which is good and should be! So I am a happy dude with that.
Still dealing that the Required option is not working. I think the best way is to ‘deactivate’ the button. So people cannot add to the cart anyway. Now you still can press the Add button. No product will be added, but for some people it will be confusing this way.
And still the total maximum quantity is not working. But you are aware of that.
It would be awesome if the form is counting or counting down a physical character number. That way people can see how much they have left to choose. But hey, that would nice but not necessaryMarch 15, 2020 at 5:19 pm #16007
Just discovered two other issues with the plugin.
1. The form fields are not cleared when you added it to the cart. And I selected the ‘Clear Fields after Add to Cart?’ button.
2. My Cart button in the main menu is not updated after I added an order or removed an order from the cart. I do have ‘Enable ajax based validation’.
3. When I select ‘Disable FontAwesome’. Some icons are not visible of your plugin. When i deselect it. Some icons shows up and some are corrupted. Can be my system that conflict as I use FontAwesome too in different ways.
4. When I try to apply the PPOM field at a category, I receive this message on the frontend: Some of your fields has duplicated datanames, please fix it
All of these are not big problems though. I just want to mention them for you. That’s all. 🙂March 15, 2020 at 6:45 pm #16008
Little update. I thought it was solved, but now suddenly the product price is calculated twice agian. I can’t figure out why and when this is happening. I tried several settings and options, which has nothing to do with it. But I was hoping there is something that conflicts. But the problem still is happening. Weird thing huh?March 24, 2020 at 12:13 pm #16121
Can anyone help me with these?April 5, 2020 at 11:55 am #16304
I am sorry guys, I really need your help with the problems I am dealing with. It’s almost a month I asked for it and there seem to be no respons. I also sent you an email to sales. I payed for the plugin and I think it’s not fair to wait this long. I have to stop using the plugin and must search for something else that can help me. Spend $30 for nothing I guess 🙁April 6, 2020 at 12:29 pm #16318
Sorry but mostly issue are related to your theme css conflict. But the twice price issue something is related to PPOM. can you please share product page URL?April 6, 2020 at 12:43 pm #16319
Thank you for your reply. Right now I have deactivated the plugin and working on a different option for the webshop. If we are going to use the ppom and having issues again, I will report them. I am sorry, but we had to move on and cannot wait for so long. I hope you understand.
DaveApril 7, 2020 at 1:33 pm #16332
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.